- The outdoor noise level can be lowered down to the level of a quiet atmosphere, and thus the quality of life is improved for the individuals.
- Decreases physiological and psychological
aspects of noise pollution.
Minimizes risks of injury due to
- Retains its overall integrity and
continues to act as a barrier even if the glass breaks, protection from
vandalism, burglary attack. Able to with stand repeated blows from heavy
objects such as bricks, hammers or crowbars.
- Provide extremely high levels of
protection against UV radiation (over 99 % of UV radiation is blocked),
therefore helps to reduce fading and ageing effects.
Places where safety and noise control can be provided together:
- Ideal choice of glass in situations where there is excess noise from road, rail or air traffic, or various other sources for example factories or nightclubs,
- Interpreting booths
- Office separations
- Meeting rooms
- Concert areas
Laminated Glass is produced in accordance with EN ISO12543 Glass in building - Laminated glass and laminated safety glass and EN 1279 Glass in building - Insulating glass units.
- Greater the thickness provides better noise reduction for low frequencies.
- The incorporation of glass of different thickness into the double glazing will provide a benefit.
- Laminated glass should be used singly or in combinations of double glass.
- Acoustic laminated glass should be used singly or in combinations of double glass.